Riding next to a commercial truck is intimidating for most drivers. After all, these massive vehicles tower over standard cars, trucks, and vans, and have the potential to cause serious damage.
Crashes occur for a variety of reasons. Truck driver fatigue is a common cause of crashes, as truckers often work long hours, despite hours of service regulations. Distractions and drug or alcohol use are also major contributors to 18-wheeler crashes.
Will You Become the Victim of a Commercial Truck Accident Today?
The next time you drive near a truck on SH 26 or any other road in the Colleyville area, knowing what your chances are of becoming involved in a crash may prompt you to drive with more awareness and do what you can to stay safe.
- In 2013, 29,356 crashes occurred in Texas that involved commercial trucks.
- Unfortunately, 453 fatal crashes took place, with a total of 531 fatalities.
- A total of 4,125 serious-injury crashes occurred, and caused 5,798 injuries.
- Driver fatigue is responsible for about 30 percent of commercial truck crashes.
- About 98 percent of all commercial truck crashes have at least one fatality.
- For every 100 million miles driven on U.S. roadways, 2.3 deaths and 60.5 injuries are caused by big rigs.
- About 75 percent of commercial truck accidents are caused by drivers of smaller vehicles, not the truck drivers.
Are You Prepared to Fight for Your Rights?
If you are involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler, chances are high that you’ll have to receive treatment at Baylor Emergency Medical Center or another emergency room in the area. Are you able to pay for those medical bills, and do you feel that you should have to?
Have You Been Injured In A Texas Truck Accident?
If you've been injured in a truck accident you need to speak with an experienced truck accident injury attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Colleyville office directly at 817.485.8888 to schedule your free consultation.