Not all car crashes in Euless happen at DFW or on SH 183 or 360. A crash can happen when your vehicle is parked at Albertsons, Target, or another downtown business. While these wrecks can cause less damage and serious injuries than other types of crashes, you still need to take your collision seriously. Here, we explain the steps you need to take to protect your legal rights.

What to Do If You Are Involved in a Parked Vehicle Accident in Euless

If another driver crashes into your vehicle while it is in a parking lot in Euless, he is responsible for fully compensating you for your injuries and damage to your vehicle under Texas law. Here is what you will need to protect your right to compensation:

Parked Car Damage The Hart Law Firm

Driver contact information.

If you witnessed the crash or the other driver waited for you, you want to collect contact information for him and his insurance company and a statement of how the wreck occurred.


Whether or not you are able to locate the driver, you want to obtain contact information for any witnesses to the accident before they are lost. In addition, if the driver did not stop, witnesses may be able to provide you with sufficient information to identify him.


Take photos of the damage to your vehicle and the negligent driver’s vehicle if he stayed at the scene. Also take photos of anything else you believe would be helpful to prove the other driver’s negligence.

Police report.

You should contact the Euless Police Department to report the wreck and obtain a copy of the police report. The police will not always come to a parking lot accident scene, but you may be able to go to the police station to report it or to file a report with a parking lot security company.

Surveillance tapes.

A parking lot surveillance tape may have recorded the accident. You should attempt to obtain a copy of it to prove that the other driver was at fault and to locate him if he was a hit-and-run driver.

Medical care.

While not all parked vehicle crashes cause victims to suffer injuries, you should be examined soon after the collision if you were in your parked car when it was hit. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injury and back and neck injuries, can take days or longer for symptoms to develop.

Insurance company.

You should contact the negligent driver’s insurance company to file a claim. If you are not able to locate him, you can file a claim under your own collision and uninsured policies if you have these coverages.

Have You Been Injured In A Texas Car Accident?

If you've been hurt in a Texas car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Colleyville office directly at 817.485.8888 to schedule your free consultation.

We help car accident victims throughout Texas including Arlington, North Richland, Grapevine, Bedford, Hurst, Euless, Irving and all points in between.

Contact Us

Start a Live Chat

David Hart
Connect with me
Helping victims throughout Fort Worth, Arlington, North Richland, Grapevine, Bedford, Hurst and points between