If you are the victim of an auto wreck in Euless, you may wonder if there is any reason to contact your own automobile insurance company since the negligent driver’s insurance company would be responsible to compensate you. It may seem like just another thing to do at a time when you are overwhelmed with dealing with your injuries. However, the reality is that you should notify your own insurance company about your crash, and doing so can ensure that receive what you really deserve.
Important Reasons to Report Your Euless Wreck to Your Insurance Company
It is important to understand that reporting your car collision to your insurance company is simply informing them of it and does not mean that you are filing a claim. There are a number of reasons why you should contact them following an auto wreck—even if you do not plan to make a claim with any insurance company. They include the following:
- You have a duty to report it. Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company, and it probably requires you to report the crash. If you fail to do so, you may be in breach of your contract.
- Reporting it could preserve your rights. To preserve your right to file a claim later, you need to comply with any contract provision to report it to your insurance company right away. For example, you may need to file a claim with your own insurer if your vehicle repair costs are larger than you thought or the negligent driver had no insurance.
What Claims for Compensation Could You Need to File With Your Auto Insurance Company Following a Crash in Euless Texas?
In Texas, the at-fault driver is legally responsible for fully compensating you for your injuries if you prove his negligence in causing your wreck. However, he may have been driving with no insurance or may only have the minimum coverage required under Texas law. This can be far short of what you need to fully pay you what you are owed. Here are coverages you may want to use under your own insurance coverage if you have it:
- Collision coverage to pay for car repairs
- Car rental fees if you purchased this coverage
- Medical payments to pay your medical bills
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage to pay your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering
Were you or a family member injured in a drunk driving wreck in Euless? Our experienced car crash attorneys are here to fight for the settlement you deserve from both the drunk driver’s and you insurance company—who may not be fair to you either. Learn more about your rights to compensation for your injuries. Please feel free to contact us online or call us directly at 817.380.4888 to schedule your free consultation.
We help injured victims throughout Texas including Arlington, North Richland, Grapevine, Bedford, Hurst, Euless, Irving and all points in between.