According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, Texans have the highest risk of suffering from a drunk driving crash than any other inhabitants in the nation. Every year, over 17,000 Texas collisions result from incidences of drunk driving, killing over 1,200 drivers, passengers, and families. As a result of this alarming figure, enforcement for driving under the influence (DUI) has dramatically increased throughout the Lone Star state.
However, even though DUI arrest rates have increased to nearly 90,000 a year, traumatic DUI crashes still occur on a regular basis. This is why it is important to know what to do if you fall victim to a drunk driver. The answer to that question is—get proper representation following your injury due to a drunk driver!
Come Prepared For Your DUI Injury Case
Unfortunately, finding the right lawyer for your case may not be as straight forward as it should be, especially if you’ve never had representation before. Therefore, what you should do is interview prospective attorneys in order to find the one that best fits your needs. In doing so, you’ll increase your knowledge about your legal rights, discover your best injury settlement options, and learn what your potential lawyer can do for you and your family. However, you don’t want to waste your valuable time on hours of interviews. This is why once you make an appointment to speak with an attorney, you should always come prepared to:
- Learn about the attorney's background, experience, and goals for your case
- Discuss your case and talk about potential options and strategies to get the settlement you want.
- Determine whether this is the lawyer you need to represent you and your family
To take full advantage of the time you have with the attorney, make sure you bring the following documentation with you to the interview.
- The police report of the crash
- Witness statements that you may have obtained after the crash
- Medical records denoting all injuries suffered by any passengers as a result of the collision
- Photos of the wreckage and injuries
- Medical documentation of required long-term treatments and care
- Hospital receipts (if applicable at time of interview)
- Any other paperwork the police may have given you
Determining The Best DUI Lawyer For You
Choosing to trust a stranger to help you get the justice your family needs can be daunting. However, we’ll help put your worries to rest. Our vast experience and knowledge of DUI cases, as well as our diligence to see justice prevail, is all you need to get the peace of mind you deserve. Call us today at (817) 380-4888 for a free consultation and let us show you why you won’t need to look any further for your DUI lawyer.
When you choose us, you become part of our family, and we fight tooth and nail for our family! Call now to let us help you get the compensation, peace of mind, and justice you deserve.
Did you find this article interesting and helpful? Let us know by liking us on Facebook or sharing this page with your friends, family, and social media connections. You never know who may benefit from knowing where to turn for proper representation. Help them out by simply clicking the familiar media icons on this page.