Many car crash attorneys offer a free initial consultation where you can obtain general advice on your case and ask the attorney questions when you are injured by a drunk driver. Finding an experienced attorney to hire is very important to your claim for compensation against the negligent drunk driver. It can significantly affect the amount of compensation you receive. Because of this, you want to come prepared to your initial consultation.
What to Bring to Your Initial Appointment With Your Personal Injury Attorney
Before scheduling your appointment, you want to verify that the attorney does not charge for the initial consultation. Your appointment may be approximately 30 minutes long, so you need to be organized to get the full benefit of the meeting. Here are some things to bring to your appointment:
- Pen and paper. You should bring a notepad and pen to take notes about important information that you want to remember.
- List of questions. You should bring a list of questions that you have about your claim and the attorney’s experience handling cases similar to yours. That way you can be certain not to forget what you wanted to ask about.
- Documents regarding the wreck. If possible, obtain a copy of the police report and any pictures taken at the crash scene to show to the attorney. He will be much better able to give you advice on the strength of your claim if he reviews this information at your appointment.
- Your auto insurance policy. If the negligent driver had no insurance or inadequate insurance to fully compensate you for your injuries, you may be able to file a claim under your own auto insurance coverages, such as underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage. You should bring the declaration page of your policy to your appointment, so the attorney can check what coverages you have.
- Health insurance card. Bring your health insurance card if you have health insurance coverage.
Do you need to retain an attorney to file your claim against the negligent drunk driver who caused your injuries? Contact us online or call us directly at 817.380.4888 to schedule your free consultation. We help injured victims throughout Texas including Arlington, North Richland, Grapevine, Bedford, Hurst, Euless, Irving and all points in between.