This year's conference centered around the following topics:
- The importance of a healthy body mass index (BMI)
- Interstate enforcement and medical exams
- Availably of testing and treatment of OSA
- Future research needs on industry impact of OSA
In order to help trucking companies, safety advocacy groups, and law enforcement agencies learn more about the above topics, the conference allows attendees to:
- Learn about current sleep apnea information and how it effects the safety of the trucking industry
- Learn new cost-effective ways to diagnose, treat, and help truckers comply with new OSA safety standards
- Take home a toolkit that will include presentations, DVDs, reports and articles aimed at helping trucking companies better address sleep apnea in their workforce
- Meet and learn from experts, colleagues, and government officials who are concerned about sleep apnea in truckers
How the Sleep Apnea Conference Can Prevent Semi-Truck Accidents in Dallas
The more trucking companies learn about the dangers of sleep apneas in their drivers, the more crashes will be avoided. In one year, over 800,000 drivers were involved in apnea related car crashes. If trucking companies start to take the repercussions of sleep apnea in their drivers seriously, this crash rate could fall dramatically.
The Dallas truck crash lawyers at The Hart Law Firm hope that everyone in the trucking industry works harder to address the issue of sleep apnea in truckers. Doing so can save lives and prevent injuries.
If you have been hurt during a crash with a semi-truck in Texas, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and vehicle repair or replacement. One free call and one free consultation with an experienced Dallas truck accident attorney could mean the difference between losing everything and getting your life back. Call our office today at 1.800.856.2347.