While any car wreck can cause serious injuries and deaths, one of the most deadly types of auto accidents is a head-on collision. You and your family are most at risk when driving on I-635 or other highways where vehicles are traveling at higher speeds. However, you or a loved one could be the victim of a tragic wreck on your way to the Walmart Supercenter on State Highway 114, to your children’s school, or your local bank. Our experienced car crash attorneys have years of experience helping victims of these wrecks in Grapevine obtain the justice they deserve.
Major Causes of Head-On Collisions
No matter what safety features your vehicle has, a head-on crash can result in life-altering injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, paralysis, back, spine, or neck injuries, or internal organ damage. You could spend months or longer off work recovering from your injuries—if they do not result in permanent disabilities. Unfortunately, driver negligence is often the reason behind these tragic wrecks. The most common causes of these wrecks include:
- Distracted driving. Despite the well-known dangers of talking on a cellphone, texting, or reading a GPS while driving, drivers continue to engage in these unsafe practices while driving in Grapevine or even on the highway. If a driver’s eyes are off the road, his vehicle can drift across the center into the front end of another vehicle without him even being aware of it.
- Drunk driving. A drunk driver has reduced reaction time, judgement, vision, and more. This can cause him to engage in unsafe driving practices, like speeding, driving the wrong way on a highway or one-way street, or even falling asleep at the wheel. You and your family could suffer catastrophic injuries if this occurs when you are on your way to fun day at Nash Farm or going to eat at Fireside Pies.
- Drowsy driving. Driving when fatigued can be as dangerous as driving when drunk and impair driving abilities in similar ways. This can lead to a driver dozing off or falling asleep while driving—magnifying the risk that the driver will crash into another vehicle head on.
- Improper passing. Many tragic head-on collisions occur when an impatient driver tries to pass another slower vehicle in a no-passing zone or when he cannot pass safely. Drivers doing this usually do not realize their error in judgment until it is too late. This is especially a danger on rural roads.
- Speeding. When drivers speed, they have less control of their vehicles, which can increase the likelihood of a head-on collision. Speeding around a curve on a Grapevine road can also result in a driver causing one of these tragic wrecks.
Did another driver cause your Grapevine head-on collision? Learn about your rights to compensation for your injuries by contacting us online or calling our office directly at 817.380.4888 to schedule your free consultation.
We help injured victims throughout Texas including Arlington, North Richland, Grapevine, Bedford, Hurst, Euless, Irving and all points in between.