While not all car accidents result in injuries, some caused by negligent drivers can lead to one or more victims suffering catastrophic injuries that can change their lives forever. The risk that you or a loved one will be involved in one of these wrecks in Euless is greater given that DFW Airport and nearby Highways 183 and 360 can make traffic extremely congested. If you suffered a catastrophic injury caused by another driver, not only will you have to cope with the challenges of your injuries, but you will most likely have to fight with the driver’s insurance company to obtain the compensation you are entitled to for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Common Catastrophic Injuries Caused in Car Accidents in Euless
A catastrophic injury is a more serious type of injury that can significantly limit a person’s ability to work and perform his day-to-day activities or lead to his death. Speeding, distracted driving, and driving when intoxicated are a few of the negligent driving behaviors that result in these injuries. Common catastrophic injuries victims suffer include:
- Traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injury can be caused by blunt force trauma to the head that is common in an auto collision. It can cause dramatic changes to a victim’s memory, concentration, judgment, and emotions that can make working impossible. In addition, a person could experience changes to his vision, hearing, and mobility.
- Spinal cord injury. If the spinal cord is injured in the wreck, this can cause a person to become partially or completely paralyzed. A victim may never walk again and could require life-long assistance with his day-to-day needs. He could also suffer complications, such as bed sores, loss of bowel and bladder control, and respiratory problems.
- Amputations. A person can have an arm, leg, or other body part severed from the force of the wreck or in a rollover crash. In other cases, the bones can be crushed or fractured so severely that an amputation of a body part is necessary when the victim receives medical treatment.
- Burns. If a vehicle catches on fire or a victim is splashed by chemicals in a wreck, he can suffer third-degree burns that can cause tissue and nerve damage, scarring, and disfigurement. Burns can also cause other complications, such as infection, breathing problems, and psychological trauma.
- Internal injuries. In serious car crashes, a victim can suffer internal bleeding and damage to vital organs, such as the heart, lung, or spleen, which can require immediate medical care and can be life-threatening.
If you or a loved one suffered a catastrophic injury caused by a negligent driver in Euless, our experienced car crash attorneys are here to fight for the compensation you deserve and will need for the rest of your life. Read our case results to find out how we have helped other clients reach a successful settlement of their claims. Please feel free to contact us online or call us directly at 817.380.4888 to schedule your free consultation.
We help injured victims throughout Texas including Arlington, North Richland, Grapevine, Bedford, Hurst, Euless, Irving and all points in between.