Truck Driver Error
In this article, we will be looking at the role that truck driver caused crashes in North Texas. The real issue with truck driver error is that when they crash, they tend to injure and kill more than the average car/car crash.
Strict safety guideline are in place to help regulate truck driver behavior and to minimize semi-truck crashes; however, drivers are only human and are therefore prone to making mistakes. The following list represents the five factors that most often cause a Richland Hills commercial truck crash:
- Operating a truck without proper license or training: This is most common in the construction industry. Our Richland Hills truck crash attorneys have seen too many crashes caused by a driver who should never have been behind the wheel of a construction vehicle.
- Distracted driving: Truck drivers are often alone as they drive and are therefore more likely to fall victim to the temptations of distracted driving. Currently, lawmakers are considering banning any and all phone use by truck drivers.
- Driving while overly tired: Trying to meet a schedule and perhaps suffering from undiagnosed sleep apnea, many drivers push themselves to drive despite being tired. This can cause driver aggression, poor driving choices and delayed reaction time.
- Lack of proper vehicle safety inspections: When drivers are pressured to get from point A to point B they too often skip safety inspections. Other times, drivers report a problem, only to be told to drive anyway.
- Unstable or poorly secured loads: When a load is improperly loaded and secured, the chance that the semi-truck will tip over or spill its load increases greatly. Spilled loads just don't make a mess, they cause serious crashes each and every day.
Have You Been Injured In A Texas Truck Accident?
If you've been injured in a truck accident you need to speak with an experienced truck accident injury attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Colleyville office directly at 817.380.4888 to schedule your free consultation.