Every morning before school, parents across Texas load their children onto school buses before heading off to work. In the vast majority of cases, the children make it to and from school safely. Unfortunately, however, some school buses will be involved in an accident on the road. When these crashes occur, passengers can be injured. Victims and their parents must take the proper actions in order to protect their legal rights after such an injury.
Ten Types of Evidence to Gather After a School Bus Accident
If your child was injured in a school bus accident, you may be entitled to compensation. There are many costs and damages that can accompany school bus accident injuries. In order to improve your chances of having a successful claim, it is important to gather the proper evidence. Examples of the types of evidence that may be useful to your case include the following:
- If witnesses were present at the accident scene, take their statements.
- Obtain copies of any incident or police reports.
- If possible, take photographs of the scene of the accident. These photographs should be taken as soon after the crash as possible.
- Take photographs of the injuries, as close to the time of the injury as possible. It may also be beneficial to take another series of photographs days or weeks after the injury.
- Gather copies of all medical records relating to the injury and treatments applied.
- Obtain a copy of the weather report at the time of the crash.
- If possible, take personal notes at the time of the injury or shortly thereafter.
- Gather copies of all receipts for any expenses relating to the accident.
- If the school bus driver was subjected to any tests to determine whether he or she was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, obtain copies.
- Obtain a copy of the driver’s driving record.
When you are ready to take the next steps towards pursuing a school bus accident injury claim, we are here to help. We have worked with thousands of clients to help them obtain the compensation that they deserve. We encourage you to check out our client testimonials in order to learn more.
Have You Been Injured In A Texas Bus Accident?
If you've been hurt in a Texas bus accident you need to speak with an experienced bus accident lawyer as soon as possible. We represent clients throughout Texas including Austin, Forth Worth and Dallas. Please contact us online or call our Colleyville office directly at 817.380.4888 to schedule your free consultation.