Safe Behaviors for Your Children
- Always look both ways before crossing the street. Teach your children this routine: look left, right, and left again. Keep looking both ways as you cross, and always walk – never run.
- When you are walking on a sidewalk or a path along the street, you should walk facing oncoming traffic. If there are no sidewalks, walk as far to the left as possible.
- Make sure your children recognize and understand traffic signals in their area.
Safe Behaviors for You
- If your child is under the age of ten, walk across the street with him or her.
- If the conditions are low-light or dark, have your child use a flashlight. You may also consider adding reflectors or retro-reflective material to your child’s clothes.
- Provide boundaries regarding where your child plays. Do not allow him to play in unfenced yards, parking lots, driveways, or streets.
Have You Been Injured In A Texas Pedestrian Accident?
If you've been injured in a pedestrian accident you should speak with an experienced pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Colleyville office directly at 817.380.4888 to schedule your free consultation.