People rely on bus companies and bus drivers to get them safely to work, school, events, and travel destinations across Texas and across the nation. While most of these bus rides are without incident, accidents do sometimes happen—and they are often severe, affecting the lives of multiple passengers and other vehicles on the road.
Although some rare bus accidents may be just pure “bad luck,” it’s much more often the case that the cause of the accident could have been prevented if everyone was taking care and following the rules. For example, here are six common causes of bus accidents:
- The bus driver was tired or distracted.
- The bus driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Another driver caused the bus accident while tired, distracted, intoxicated, or otherwise driving dangerously.
- The bus or its equipment was in poor repair or did not receive necessary maintenance.
- A defect or malfunction with bus equipment caused the accident.
- The bus was not loaded properly or was carrying too much weight.
Getting Help After You Are Hurt in a Bus Accident in Texas
Accidents happen for a number of reasons, but victims of bus accidents can take action to hold negligent drivers and bus companies responsible for what went wrong. Whether you or a family member was a passenger on a tour bus, school bus, or in-town party bus, we have answers for you. To learn more about your rights after a Texas bus accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of experienced attorneys by phone or email today.