It’s unfortunate that legal questions pop up so soon after a tragedy like a serious bus accident. However, the immediate needs of victims and grieving families aren’t always taken care of—and those needs can’t always wait. As families attempt to cope with the unimaginable horror of an event that injures or kills multiple people, there are many questions which are sometimes hard to answer:
- Why did this happen?
- Who is responsible?
- Who will pay the staggering expenses?
No Time to Get Your Bearings After a Serious Bus Accident
While it’s tempting to keep putting off these questions until you’ve had a chance to recover, many victims are denied the luxury of time to think. Unfortunately, victims of bus accidents don’t always get a chance to get their bearings before they have to start considering the legal implications that have been thrust onto them by the accident. As soon as the accident happens, challenges and pressing questions pop up for the victims and their families, including:
- Insurance adjustors from the bus company may approach victims in the first hours or days after the wreck—and they may not always have your best interests in mind.
- Medical bills for the ongoing treatment of your injuries can pile up fast, especially if you are unable to work.
- Bus companies, and the insurance companies who represent them, have skilled attorneys and other professionals who are specifically trained to protect the company’s bottom line in the event of an accident.
- It’s easy to make mistakes early on that could jeopardize your ability to recover damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Have You Been Injured In A Texas Bus Accident?
If you've been hurt in a Texas bus accident you need to speak with an experienced bus accident lawyer as soon as possible. We represent clients throughout Texas including Austin, Forth Worth and Dallas. Please contact us online or call our Colleyville office directly at 817.485.8888 to schedule your free consultation.