When you work for an employer who has opted out of providing workers’ comp benefits and you suffer a workplace injury, you are entitled to be fully compensated for your injuries if your employer’s negligence in any way caused your injuries. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, such as traumatic brain injury, amputation, or serious burns, or a less serious injury that causes chronic pain and limitations in movement, you may not be able to return to your former job or may need assistance to do so. However, you may be able to return to work with the help of a vocational rehabilitation counselor. This is an expense that you may be entitled to compensation for as part of your non-subscriber employer injury claim.

How Vocational Rehabilitation Can Help You Obtain Employment

If you suffered a serious injury, you may not be able to return to the same type of work you did before the accident. You may need to look for work in a new profession. A vocational counselor is trained in assisting injured workers return to work in their former job, a similar one, or, if necessary, a job in a new profession. Vocational rehabilitation services could include the following:

  • Evaluating your job for the accommodations you may need due to your injuries
  • Working with your employer to return you to work on a part-time basis if necessary and to educate your employer on the disability-based accommodations you may need
  • Providing you with job coaching, job search, and placement services
  • Analyzing your job skill set and abilities for a possible career change if you cannot return to your former job
  • Evaluating what training and education you may need to obtain a job in a new profession

Vocational rehabilitation services could be vital to helping you return to work once you recover as much as you will from your workplace injuries. You can ask for compensation for these services as part of your settlement of your non-subscriber workplace injury claim.

Have You Been Injured At Your Texas Job And Your Employer Doesn't Provide Workers' Compensation?

If you've been injured on the job and your employer is non-subscriber you need to speak with an experienced work injury lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our our Colleyville office directly at 817.485.8888 to schedule your free consultation.

We help injured workers throughout Texas including Arlington, North Richland, Grapevine, Bedford, Hurst, Euless, Irving and all points in between.

David Hart
Connect with me
Helping victims throughout Fort Worth, Arlington, North Richland, Grapevine, Bedford, Hurst and points between