Attorney Walter (Walt) Taylor began his career at a large Austin law firm of about 40 attorneys. In 1991, he branched out and opened his own law firm as a sole practitioner, trying cases in a variety of courts and forums, including employment, commercial and insurance litigation, personal injury, and professional medical peer review and licensing defense cases in front of hospital committees and against state regulatory agencies before the State Office of Administrative Hearings. After nearly 30 years, Walt transitioned to the Fort Worth area, where he continued to grow his practice before joining The Hart Law Firm in 2018.
Walt’s work as an attorney is driven by a desire to make a real difference in the lives of his clients. “This job allows me to do things for people they can’t do for themselves,” Walt says, “or at least things they couldn’t do without taking years out of their lives to get an education and develop experience. My clients are hard-working people whose lives have already been disrupted—they need justice now. I try to make something important happen for someone every day before 9:00 a.m.”
Walt’s experience extends to both trial and appellate work in Texas state and federal courts and he enjoys an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell. Lawyers with an AV Rating are recognized for reaching the highest level of professional excellence, skill, and integrity. Worldwide, only 12% of attorneys have been awarded this AV rating.
Walt also enjoys spending time with his wife and family, and they are active in their local church.
Areas of Practice:
- Labor and Employment
- Business, Insurance, Real Estate, and Probate Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Peer Review Litigation and License Hearings
Education and Court Admissions:
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 1989
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals (Fifth Circuit) and in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Texas School of Law, 1989
- Bachelor of Arts (Plan II Honors Program), University of Texas at Austin,1986
- Fraternities: Phi Delta Phi; Order of Barristers.
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association (Chair, Labor and Employment Section, 2016-2017)
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association (Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter)
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Foundation (Fellow since 1998; Life Fellow since 2008)
- State Bar of Texas
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association (Immediate Past President, 1997-98; President, 1996-97; Chair, Long Range Planning Committee, 1995-96; President-Elect, 1995-96; Secretary, 1994-95; 1993-94; Board of Directors, 1992-93)
- Austin Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor, University of Texas School of Law (1998-2003)
- Coach of TYLA National Mock Trial Team (1995-2001), Regional Double Finalists (1998), Regional Semi-Finalists and Finalists (1996; 1997; 2000), Regional Champions (1995)
- Special Lecturer in Basic Trial Advocacy at the University of Texas School of Law (Spring 1993)
- Coach, Thelen Marrin Mock Trial Team (1991)
- Coach, ATLA Mock Trial Team (1990)
- Student Team Member, University of Texas School of Law TYLA National Mock Trial Team, National Semi-Finalists, Regional Champions and Regional Best Advocate (1989)
We help injured victims throughout Texas including Arlington, North Richland Hills, Grapevine, Bedford, Hurst, Euless, Irving, Dallas, and all points in between.