While some clients contact us directly from the side of the road in North Richland, a gas station in Grapevine, or where their motorcycle crash took place, others don’t reach out to us until they start hearing numbers from the insurance company—and they aren’t entirely sure if the offer is truly fair or not. Many times, it’s the very first question out of a new client’s mouth, and it certainly makes sense.
Although it should be easy for motorcycle crash victims and their families to get the compensation they need to recover, that’s not always the way it works out in reality. While the best way to know if you are getting a fair offer is to have a skilled attorney review the details of your case, the following are some common indicators that you may not be getting what your case is truly worth:
- Your claim is denied. If you get a denial instead of a settlement offer, don’t give up hope just yet. Many insurance companies deny claims in hopes that victims will give up.
- The offer comes before you even know the extent of your injuries. If you don’t know what to expect from your recent injuries, than the insurance company certainly couldn’t know how your medical expenses might add up.
- The offer doesn’t account for your potential long-term needs. Have you reached full recovery? Do you anticipate needing ongoing medical care, additional surgeries, or help with complications? Don’t accept an offer until you understand what your future might look like.
- The offer doesn’t cover your medical bills. The very first offer from the insurance company is likely to be far lower than your case is really worth, and it may barely even cover the cost of your initial treatment.
- The offer doesn’t account for other losses. While medical expenses and property damage are the obvious concerns, a motorcycle crash creates other, less obvious losses for you and your family. Before you decide an offer will cover your damages, speak with a skilled personal injury attorney.
For more information about your rights, tips for negotiating with the insurance company, and news from our team, connect with the Hart Law Firm on Facebook, or drop us a quick email today. If you've been involved in a motorcycle or car wreck, whether in Arlington or Hurst, Euless or Irving and all points across the great state of Texas, please feel free to contact us online or call us directly at 817.380.4888.