After you’ve been involved in a bus accident, it’s normal to feel a little helpless. As one of maybe dozens of passengers who were hurt, and in a vehicle owned by a large transportation company, it may seem as though it’s impossible to get clear answers or make progress with a claim for your accident injuries.
Five Ways to Take Action & Take Control After You’ve Been Injured in a Texas Bus Wreck
However, even though you’re facing a complicated situation, you can take control of your situation. Here are five ways you can start taking action after you’ve been hurt in a bus accident in Texas:
- Get medical attention. Your health is the priority after an accident. Before you worry about anything else, make sure you go to the emergency room or see a doctor to address any potential injuries.
- Contact an attorney. Victims of bus accidents are often facing huge companies that want to minimize the damage to their image and bottom lines. An attorney can help you protect your rights and take the right steps to make sure that you can hold negligent parties responsible for the harm they caused.
- Collect information about the bus accident. As you negotiate with the insurance companies involved, it will be necessary to support all of your claims. This means collecting information and evidence from license plate numbers to pharmacy receipts.
- Write down everything you remember. Your experiences before, during, and after the accident can have an impact on your claim, but it’s easy for memories to fade as the days and weeks pass. Write down as many details as you remember, and continue to keep a journal of your recovery as you heal.
- Reach out to other passengers and potential witnesses. In bus accidents, many passengers may be injured, and many are facing the same problems getting the compensation they need to recover. The accounts of other passengers and other potential witnesses at the scene may help all of you get the outcome you need.
For more information about injured passengers’ rights after a bus accident, reach out to our experienced Colleyville personal injury team. We can provide personalized, one-on-one help with your questions—all at no risk or obligation to you. Simply call or email our office today for immediate assistance.